Well I figured I should update this before shit hits the fan, as in my life/ my summer. Ha. Next two weeks I have exams in Physics.. Which is awful. I'm not sure how much I will study, honestly. I am so sick of physics. but I need to, because I feel bad that Jim is blaming himself for my last test score.. which was entirely my fault. Yuck. Well.. and I kind of blame my professor for not exactly teaching us the things he chose to put on the exam. Yeah. Super awesome. I love when that shit happens. The likelihood of that happening in the last two exams seems pretty great, also. So I'm really looking forward to that.
Another awesome current event is that I started getting sick on Sunday, messed up throat and sinuses. It has since gotten progressively worse and has interfered with my running. Not pleased.. I haven't been sick in quite some while. I've been trying to delineate sources but haven't really figured out where it came from yet. I haven't really shared anything with anyone (well..) but I don't think that was it. So whatever.. I just want it to go the hell away, since I'm racing a 5k this weekend and I want to see where shit falls on that score.
Haha. Jim began our talk tonight with "so I heard you had a race on Thursday?" and I thought a second and I was like "hmmm.. no. I didn't!" as I wondered how he would have heard anything of the sort, anyways.. and then I thought another second and I remembered that the beer mile was on Thursday so I said, "Oh.. well, I did race the Beer Mile." and he started laughing... haha. Awkward but funny convo as Jim explains that running on beer lowers the threshhold of lactic acid or something. I told him Ben won and he laughed even more and it was a pretty funny conversation in general.
I think that I'm still not sure how I feel about the beer mile haha.. I mean it was hilarious but I didn't really enjoy doing it. I didn't hate it either.. I just don't like losing races, haha, which is something that I did.. I lost by a LOT. But that's because I didn't really care and I didn't want to puke. But I still have that misplaced mid-distance runner's sense of honour when it comes to races I spose. So I think I want redemption and try to run it faster than 30 minutes (seriously!!!). I wish I had splits on my 400s, they were pretty much jogs anyways since the first 800 I had side stitches and cramped calves from not eating since 3pm and a tempo workout an hour before.
Oh goodness.. but watching the boys race was hilarious. I think my favorite part was Jeff out in the field just hunched over spilling his guts. Or the blank, confused stares on the faces of the children playing at the park right next to us. hahahaha. They looked horrified, not mentioned what expressions their parents had. But honestly, it was like 8:30 and getting dark.. little kids shouldn't be out then anyways.
So on that score, I enjoyed watching it, at the very least. and I'm glad I didn't die from ingesting four beers within about 25 minutes. haha.
Thursday night definitely got interesting in some awkward ways. I don't know how I get into those sorts of situations but it usually makes me feel like crap in one way or another.. Honestly.
Friday was also interesting as I volunteered to run for the Running Clinic at Research Park. They hooked me up to a ton of shit and I was sooo fuzzy from the previous night/morning/3 hrs sleep that I was in the hugest haze and just bewildered by all of the random things that had me hooked up to. I had to match my stride to different tones from a metronome.. it was awful when the short little steps were on because I can't do that haha. I almost tripped or something cuz I have a longer stride and whatnot. After it was done they showed me the data they had taken and of my force and torque vectors. They didn't really tell me anything in depth but that's ok I guess. They were busy and I was really out of it anyways.
Saturday I went to Devil's Lake with a couple of WTC couples. I felt kind of.. singular.. so that was slightly awkward.. since other people had been supposedly coming too but it just ended up being five of us. We hiked around the cliffs and such around the lake and then went to a place called Parfey's Glen which was a hike back into a ravine formed by what is now a little creek. at the end was supposed to be a waterfall, which there was a small one but we thought there was more so we went on past it and were basically bushwhacking at random... SOOO fun. We had to find the best route to stay on the river but not IN the river.. scampering across on logs and stuff like that.. Dallas leaping a 3 foot crevice about 6-8 feet off the ground. It was a lot of fun.
So, now I'm sick and grumpy about school and wishing it was the weekend.. I'm really excited for ST.D fest (St. Dennis Festival). I've gone every year forever and always avoided the 5k because everyone from my hs does it and whatever.. this year I've actually been running in the summer so we'll see what happens. Also excited for the flea market and the book sale... and the ring toss game! haha. I'm so weird. Sadly..the week is only half over. ugh.
Better get going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment