Well I was sitting here and I was thinking about how long it had been since I wrote anything even remotely interesting, especially anything remotely UN egocentric.. and I decided that I would post some interesting links maybe and some other tidbits...
Since I'm always interested in injuries...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Le1T-ZdJY&feature=related
I was really interested in this video because they actually show the spineboarding process, or in this case it was simply c-spine immobilization followed by placing the athlete on the stretcher. The reason they did it was because they thought Vokoun may have chipped a vertebrae or something getting whacked on the side of the neck like that. As they have told us a million times while we have been learning spineboarding techniques, it's always better to spineboard and be wrong than to not spineboard and have a serious problem come out of it. I'm not sure if I owuld have spineboarded then, because he was obviously up and down and rolling around before the LAT got out there.. But I guess it depends on what sort of answers that LAT got when he reached Vokoun (as far as sensory, etc. information).
From the reports I have seen it seems that he only got a laceration on the ear and a bit of soreness in his neck. That's a pretty good ending.
http://www.cityofmadison.com/news/view.cfm?news_id=1792
I thought this was very strange. Why dedicate a written statement to this? From this (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/article_7cce2136-e06f-11de-b00c-001cc4c002e0.html) article, it seems that it was an isolated incident, and happened over a month ago. So what does that matter now? Sometimes it amazes me what people waste their time worrying about. I guess I'd be pretty damn hypocritical to say something like that, since I usually worry about really dumb things.... but this is a police department we're talking about, not one random deranged human.
Well I should actually be doing homework.. I'm pretty excited that the basketball team beat Duke last night. I wish I could have been at the game. I am assigned to basketball and hockey as my out rotation this week and next (then back to football finals week, I believe). The bball team was definitely not looking forward to the game this week and kept saying "its just another game on the schedule." so they didn't get caught up in the hype. I guess it worked for them! They were pretty rowdy today. I got to meet Bo Ryan today and also got to watch hockey practice... I was soo happy the whole fuckin practice because I love hockey so much.
Haha, anyways.. I've got a weird knee problem that I might write about sometime. I'm also considering doing the Jingle Bell 5k next weekend.. Not sure if I will or not... but if I'm sitting here doing weird shit like running 2miles at 6:55 pace I might as well. Hopefully I'll write soon, or it might have to be after finals.... Ho hum.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment