Sunday, September 26, 2010

meh, misc.

yo yo yo... turns out I'm still alive. Been dealing with the usual start of school stuff, so I haven't had the extra time to come chat on here about useless things.

School has been the usual drudgery. Especially my math class, which is obscenely useless and full of idiotic freshmen that I honestly wish would just not come to class. They don't pay attention anyways. The worst part is that on our exams they are going to dominate me because I haven't taken math in four years and their little babyfaces just got done with high school math. Ooh I cannot wait.

I started work with the basketball teams which is pretty exciting. The women's and men's teams are both really nice people to work with. So far I haven't seen too much since it's just pre-season action, but I got to go out to "The Hill" one day with the men's team. This was a really interesting experience from my viewpoint as a distance/xc runner who runs hills all of the time.

These guys bitch about it in the same manner as any distance runner I know does before they get to the hill and just go to work. I mean, honestly, in their case, they don't have a choice- Bo is at the top of the hill and will know if you drop over in the middle of a rep. But it was still cool to see, and see that a lot of them have decent hill form.. I could even go so far as to say better hill form than a lot of kids on my team, at least the girls team that is. They [almost] all look ahead, know to get their knees up and pump their arms, which was pretty shocking to me.

That was pretty sweet. I've taken the past two weekends off from racing which is a dbag move on my part since I have a sport (for AT) where right now, I don't have to work on weekends so I can definitely go to meets... but I have realized how much I love badger gamedays, and also that I have been destroying my legs recently. I want them to make it to nationals so I figured it couldn't hurt to take a break for now. That'll change when in a few weeks I will have to work on weekends and won't be able to go to meets and I will be kicking myself over it... but, well - failboating happens.

I'm racing this weekend at Loyola, however, and am hoping to break 20 for the first time in xc.. I did so in a road race this summer and have obviously done it in track so I'm hoping the flat lakeside race at Loyola will be a good deal for me.

Otherwise I've just been hanging out with the roommates and friends like usual. and definitely not focusing on schoolwork at all. Oh well.

No comments: