Monday, December 20, 2010

Little bit of an update..

Whew I haven't written in a while... And I probably ought not to be writing right now. Truth be, told, however, I don't much care.

Hmm am I a little sick of exams?

Well as usual there's been quite the full schedule of things going on around here. Let's see.... since the last time I wrote, we went to Nationals, in Indiana. It was fantastic because I ran well on a quite tough course, and my team ran well, too. I got 14th individually, which was good for an "all-american" nod. My team got third place, and just narrowly missed second place. It was pretty fantastic.

The boys got second place, as I was certain they would. It was a combination of things not going right as far as the line-up they raced was concerned, as well as being overly confident that they could walk in and take another National title. I'd say it was relatively embarrassing. Mostly because we had a reporter shadowing us from the Running Times. I'm still interested to see what the article will look like. Not sure when it comes out, though.

Just after Thanksgiving, the Badgers clinched a portion of the Big Ten title. This was really exciting, I think much more so because I know the guys who are part of it and I know they really deserve it. Even more exciting is that they were invited to the Rose Bowl. I remember last year, beginning work at McClain, and seeing all of the things ca. 1999 written all over the inside of it about the Rose Bowl, and most especially "The Road to the Rose Bowl Begins Here," and I remember thinking it was quite wishful thinking. We have a great tradition but in my opinion, not a great coach for leading us to things like the Rose Bowl. So, yes, I am surprised we won out the rest of the season, but I am also very proud of the hard work the boys have put in to make it possible. It's a similar feeling, I guess, to when the hockey boys made it to the Frozen Four earlier this year.

I am going to the Rose Bowl, come hell or high water. I have plans with a group of friends to drive there. On the way out we're going through Kansas City and then through the Four Points region in the southwest. On the way back we're hitting up Vegas for a day, and Denver. I'm excited because I've never been to any of these places. I would love, if we had time, to find a way to go out sailing on the Pacific. I couldn't personally take a boat since I don't have ocean ratings, just inland lake ratings, but it would be a lot of fun if we could find someone taking people out sailing or something. I'm also excited to see Vegas and Denver. An old friend lives in Denver where he goes to school, and actually just had a kid, so I'm hoping I'll get the chance to meet up with him out there.

Additionally, I convinced BMF to come out to the Rose Bowl game. She and I have front row tickets at just about the 40 yard line. It's behind our bench, too. I'm excited beyond and method of describing said excitement. I'm hoping we find something cool to do on new years. Also, I hope to hang out with my band friends a little, depending on all of their obligations out there. I hope to at least make it to the Rose Parade to see them march. I'm really excited, but I'm also worried because there's a lot of room for things to go wrong.

WTC had its very first formal at the beginning of December. It was pretty neat, since we never do anything like that. Hit up the bars afterwards in our formalwear. December is far too cold to be wearing dresses, however. haha.

Hmm yeah other than that stuff I've just been trying to keep some random amount of motivation so I don't completely fail my classes. Next semester I have to take 17 credits so I'm not please. half of my roommates graduated so that was hard, too, and my motivation took a huge dive. I have one major final left, for Nutri Sci, and it's going to go poorly no matter what - so I've had a lot of trouble focusing. Hench why I'm writing this. Oh well. Looking forward so much to being done.

No comments: