I missed the opening of the Ting Tings, running in after about 10 minutes into their set, which was only 30 minutes... this is because they have only one album. They are from, I believe, England. The music is catchy and fun, droningly repetitive sometimes but overall fun to bounce around to for any period of time..
Jack's Mannequin... well, I understand that a lot of people like them and such. I honestly don't know much about them and their set was ok. They started late (10 minutes or so, despite things being ready on time), and some of their songs were a bit too whiny for me.. but overall they weren't that bad.. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I was more familiar with their work.
Death Cab started out cold for a hot audience, in my opinion, pulling a song from their first album.. and then two, and three. I didn't really mind, because they were tailoring to their real audience instead of the terrible "radio fans" which were present... These persons were glaringly obvious in nearly every way, but most especially because they only knew the lyrics to, and were interested in, the songs which have been played on the radio over and over.
DCFC put on a decent show. I enjoyed it, obviously. I was irritated at how far I was from the stage, and by all of the people who don't know what to do in a crowd at a concert. As well as the ridiculous couples who blocked up the entire crowd making manuvering to any degree especially exasperating. There was one pair I was lucky enough to be behind who were AFRAID to touch the people in front of them and they were upset that people were pressing in on them from all sides. Cripes.
That's not important though...
Death Cab once again came back with a three-song encore. The finale was, as it was when I saw them a few months ago, Transatlanticism.. which is pretty much my favorite song of theirs.. and it made me really happy.
Then I had to run back to my car in 10 degree weather wearing only a t-shirt and jeans. Smarty.
No comments:
Post a Comment