Watch this:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/219746/february-25-2009/the-word---ablacknophobia
He makes a really good point. It is so subtle in so many ways that I wonder how many people actually understand the depth of that segment, who don't get distracted by the spiders crawling around.
Anyways I finally had a chill weekend. The past five I was in charge of meets (well, not so much at the Open), and so was significantly distracted by all of that. Finally, I got to chill out and sit around, and I actually have almost caught up on schoolwork. Sort of.
I'm still really behind in history, which is expected.. but that needs to reverse this week because I have a midterm in that class on Friday. I don't know what will be on the exam because he hasn't talked about anything in depth and I haven't learned anything this semester in any of my classes because I don't care... exceptions being 116 & 197, my kines classes...
So, thats a little terrible, I would say. I'm going to have fun writing essays about nothing. This is really bad.
I took a "practice GRE" on saturday.. it wasn't really like the GRE at all apparently so was virtually a random multiple choice that seemed ridiculously easy for a Grad School entrance exam.. Seriously? It seemed like the ACT or something. Realllllly basic. Then again, like I said, its pretty different from the actual test lol.
I'm drowning in emails about the compliance issues related to my club. Not really drowning but we're shooting a million emails a minute around concerning it and not getting anywhere specifically because the UW Athletic Department is playing hard-to-get even with the best efforts of my Compliance contact. Honestly. It seems at this point they are drawing it out just so they can pull a fast one at the last minute and rape us for as much money as possible. Which is a huge d-bag move... then again so is them pulling NCAA rules out of their ass every ten seconds to use against us, and then dancing around neglecting to tell us the proper interpretations of such rules. Its getting a little old.
I've been very tired lately and I've gotten sick. Not sure how but probably because I went to the Lathrop house last weekend for a website meeting and half of those boys seem to consistently be sick. They need to fricking be quarantined or something lmao.
Anyways the past couple days I've gone running under similar conditions (18 degrees feels like 4; awfully windy & very dry air). My throat has been irritated in the process of being sick, and so both times I've felt like puking after my runs because the air irritates my throat so much. Today my tongue froze so I couldn't swallow right (personal problems, right?) so that really helped with the whole almost-vomitting thing. Needless to say running today was awful... I wish it would stop being so damn cold, I'm really tired of it.
I'm pumped because I don't have half of my 8:50 classes this week... its First Aid testing this week, and next Monday. I don't test till next Monday so I get to sleep in two times this week. Sweet. Only downside is I'm going to do horrendously on the test. I have to get 80% to pass the course/get certified.... That's a big deal since I have to obviously be certified if I'm going to try to be an athletic trainer. So I'm pretty worried. ugh.
I guess I should get back to homework.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment