I'm trying to be sunny but I'm just awfully grumpy after this evening. I was relaxing after practice, watching a beautiful sunset, and then it got ruined.
Whatever, right?
Well I lack all sorts of motivation and don't even have the motivation to care. I still have a C in Chem even after getting a B on the exam, and I think my grade in physics didn't change either after the above- average test score I got there. I can't win for trying. Fuck this.
I had a race this past Saturday, it was awful but it was fun. Yes, utter contradiction. I'm good at those. Only 6 of us went because everyone else saw the weather forecast and pussy-ed out. Seriously people? You are distance athletes, what do you expect? You should know the weather isn't sunshine and daisies most days. blah.
Either way it was really cosy for just a few of us to all take just one car to the meet and hang out for a few hours. It was a short meet and I won my race.. I didn't have much competition, just two Parkside girls. One girl delayed our race because she forgot to put on her spikes or something... so we're all standing there, its 30 degrees out and 20-30mph winds are gusting at us, and we want to race and we have to wait for this dumb whore to sit there and daintily put on her spikes, just so she could go run a 7-minute 1500m.
My time wasn't that great, a 5:12 but it was fine for a season debut I spose, and especially for the awful wind. I beat this Parkside girl by .2 seconds, right at the line.. that made it exciting. I got off the line good at the start, I beat off the two Parkside girls who flanked me at the line.. Gradually they pulled up on me I think I went out in 2:48, I don't really care.. I was trying to make it through the race alive without pulling anything because I had had less than 30 minutes to warm up due to the coaching staff there not informing me that they had eliminated half of the events before the 1500m. So, that was altogether very pleasant.
Nonetheless, I got tagged up on by the faster parkside girl with about 700 to go or something, she tried cutting in on me right away which is the worst possible idea for someone to try on me. I started hitting her arm with mine and she backed to the side and then I slid past her again. Somehow she got a bit ahead of me, and once again practicing in lane 2 helped, but I edged her down the straightaway. I was sprinting head on into a disgusting amount of wind and somehow I got closer to her and then was alongside her, and then right at the end, past her.
So, it wasn't a bad race overall. THe only problem was I couldn't get warm for at least the next 24 hours no matter how much clothing I acquired. I also lost my "Office" wristband somehow in the mad scramble before my race... it said "Support the Rabid" on it. and I pretty much want to cry because that was an awesome wristband. Ugh. I could buy one on nbc.com, but its $5!!!
http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=42380
That makes me really upset, because I got it originally as part of "the Office trivia game."
BOOOOO.
Ok I don't have much time to write. I have to review things for this NCAA meeting I'm going to sit in on tomorrow. Should be excessively coma-inducing, if any indications can be trusted.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment