I suppose I ought to update this, huh, since I haven't in a bit.. although I started to write a few times last week and it ended up nearly being some seething emo goo so I just didn't post anything at all.
Well I guess I've been up to a lot of random things leading up to this week, wherein my first college summer class started- today. I went to watch the state track meet the weekend before last. My friend J Berg offered to drive me there and back if I could find a place to stay.. well I did, and then once I got up there it turned out that this guy pretty much ditched me (some guy on the LaX team.. just wouldn't answer my calls).. so I ended up trying to be a hobo since I there was no one else I could really call.. Jeremy's phone had died..and I didn't want to bother anyone besides.
Well someone called the police on me, they thought I was drunk and asked for ID and all this shit, then they said I had to go somewhere else, so they took me to the Salvation Army, which was really embarrassing (I didn't really want to tell anyone about it at all but of course a couple people asked me the next day what I had ended up doing and I couldn't really think of any sort of complex fairytale storyline to tell, so, of course, I went with the truth), since I was sleeping in a room full of scary hobos, seriously... But on the plus side it was my first time int eh back of a squad car, and my first time doing a breathalyzer, so that was the most interesting part of the story.
Anyways I enjoyed watching state, at least when I wasn't freezing to death in the cold and rain on Saturday. haha.
Hmm, otherwise I've been running around trying to take care of things around my apartment before class begins.. and working on my family photo project (http://jadesgenes.250x.com) which has taken FOREVER and will likely never be done. Sometimes I feel like such a gork with all my genealogy stuff but its important so I don't really care.
This past weekend a big group of friends graduated from high school, including one of my exes.. so I went to see that then I spent the weekend with old friends at grad parties and stuff.. it was a lot of fun and capped off by a cookout with some WTC folk. Apparently they have them often but this was the first time I was invited.. it was a lot of fun, so I hope I get invited more. We played volleyball and it was pretty entertaining.. I hadn't played in quite some time (i.e. high school or so) but I was competitive as usual... I'm so obscenely competitive in anything... even though I'm not that good at volleyball (read: epic misjudge on my part leading to me watching a ball come sailing at me, hitting me in the face to the applause of all of the boys... lmao). Isn't it funny how I always dwell on my failures?
Anyway, today was physics. And physics pwned me. I don't know if even Jim can save me this time. hahaha. He will hopefully be tutoring me to some extent, as hard as it was for me to ask for help - its definitely not something I have ever done before. I'm more scared of him than helped so far because I know he's way more intelligent than I could ever hope to be, but at the same time I know that I can trust him more than most other people to actually know what he's talking about, since of course, physics is his field of study. Last week we had our first meeting and amongst drilling me in my poor math skils, he told me about some interesting running and torque related research he is doing currently... it seems like it could be very useful at least to the running community.
Anyways the class seems like it is going to be bogus and hard to focus on.. in lecture today my professor didn't get through half of the planned powerpoint, and other stuff he just kind of threw in so it's all over the place. My discussion section seems ok so far, to an extent. I am relieved to know that there are two of the athletic training girls in there with me.. one's a first year like me and the other is a second year. Hopefully that helps with the big workload. Yuckkk.
Otherwise, I dunno.. my summer has been moderately depressing. I wanted to get out of here before school started again but now I won't have the chance to go on any trips. Nothing too epically exciting is going on and guy situation is reaching really depressing lows, too.. and I'm just kind of tired of it, and tired of being alone. Not that there's really that much I can do about anything since I fail at life. Boo. So I dunno. I gotta get a B in this physics class.. and I gotta try to keep my sanity. We'll see. Hopefully training this summer will help, but I'm not sure. I guess that's enough stupidity for now.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment