Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Muse

Isn't it great that when I set out with this fresh page I could say anything - absolutely anything - that anything in the world is absolutely possible at this moment, with this fresh blank little space on the page, with words yet to be unfurled, depths yet to be reached - and a million other metaphorically accurate yet cliched variables thrown together on this page. When you think about all the different things I could talk about and then compare them to the likelihood of what I WILL indeed discuss, the view gets narrower, far less grandiose but to me it gets cozy and familiar - although irritatingly repetitive after a time. There is a certain range of topics you can almost always assume will make an appearance, there is an unlimited, untried palette of values and I consistently ignore, but how can I not when I have yet to find them?

No comments: