Ha, well, I got my wisdom teeth removed today, or, approximately 12 hours ago. And surprisingly thus far I have been coherent and not in pain.
I didn't know what to expect and I had never had any sedation or anything before, and then I was reminded it was going to be IV sedation, too, so I got a little panicky about that.. Overall I was distinctly nervous, and my mother didn't help. She drove me there and was rattling around being angry at the world as usually, issuing complaints and harsh criticism at every turn as she is wont to do, and it was absolutely driving me nuts. At the dentist's office she was agitated about how long it was taking for them to call me back and kept annoying the desk clerk, which I was annoyed by because, obviously, what can she possibly do? She can't rush surgery taking place back there, or whatever is going on. Honestly.
They finally called me back and she threw a fit. She asked me if she's supposed to go back with me, which, how should I know? She proceeded to gnash around asserting she had no idea what was going on or if she could be back there with me, and they said she could but she proceeded to grouse about not knwoing what's going on, which was still not helping my nerves so I said, "would you please calm down, jesus christ!" to which she got huffy, exited the room, and left me to the laughing gas.
Anyways, the dentist was very nice and got me pretty relaxed, which was what I was hoping for because of how anxious I was for the procedure. He explained it all out in perhaps overly simplistic terms, and everyone was freaking over my vitals - my resting heart rate was like 50BPM and they asked if I was an athlete of which I responded to the affirmative.
So, two hours later I woke up and had no idea what was going on. I didn't particularly like that. I had a bunch of stuff wadded in my mouth and all sorts of things, and I didn't like that for two whole hours I had no idea what my person had been involved with. This was something I thought about before. I have never been without my wits. Even at my drunkest I always remember everything, even if it takes a bit of time to come back to me the next day. With this, it was something I had neither witnessed nor could recall again to discover what I had been involved in. I didn't know where it came from, I didn't know where the cuts on my lip came from, etc.
Saturday--
Sorry, I ended this rather abruptly last night as I took some Oxycodone and and I got very dizzy and decided to go to bed, haha. So far that seems to be the only effect of that junk, it makes me want to pass out right away, which is not pleasant. I still haven't been in any pain and I hope that it stays that way, as that would be quite preferable to sitting around not having anything to do and being in a lot of pain. Ugh. I need to take some ibuprofen soon because the swelling has increased but other than that I don't know when I'm taking more oxycodone, and my apartment is really warm so its obnoxious.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment