Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Hot July Moon Saw Everything

Well I've had that song stuck in my head all day, so before I even wrote this post I decided on a title for once. Isn't that something. In any event, I can almost guarantee that this will be a rant about another ridiculous day of my life.

It started when I was biking to work, something I find unpleasant because of the closure of State St. because it means I have to deal with considerably more traffic than I used to when State St was completely open. In this way I now go out onto University Avenue then cut in on Lake St. and cut through a back alley again to get to the street my office building is on. Today I turned into said alley to realize that I had to go to another part of it first because there is a demolition crew taking ages to tear down a building and thus blocking part of my alley-path. So, I had to go on the sidewalk for about 20 feet, and to get off my bike and back on would be mundane and a waste of time, doubled byt he fact that there were no people on the sidewalk until much further down-- I would have gotten off if it would have been inconvenient for passersby for me to ride on the sidewalk. The aforementioned people decided to speed up and block then entire sidewalk upon seeing me coming on the sidewalk, and this bitch tells me "please don't ride on the sidewalk."

Normally, this is fine. Great. But it infuriated me. I was too shocked (and also in motion) to say anything but as soon as I realized what she had said I got very angry and almost went back to her to demand what she knew of me. Lets get this straight. I do not usually go on the sidewalk. People who carelessly ride their bikes on the sidewalk irritate the fuck out of me, especially the ones who ride down the busy sidewalks on State St because the roads have not been passable. I have ALWAYS walked my stupid bike on the sidewalk down State when I could have been a dickweed like the rest of the bikers and rode down the sidewalk, bothering everyone possible. But no. I walk my bike and get trapped in the gaggles of slow-walking fools who don't have any sort of awareness that there are other people in the world and that they might want to get somewhere faster than them. No. I don't ride my bike on that fucking sidewalk, I walk as patiently as possible behind this morons. And this lady had the BALLS to try to tell me my business this morning. That is why it made me angry.

It gets better.

So I sit at work all day and as usual am awaiting my 4:30 prison release time. Just 10 minutes before this time, however, my boss, as part of our "we're bored, lets scan the news for things to laugh at and criticize" finds an article regarding a moron or two who put a "bomb" outside of Walgreens on the Capitol square. It is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Article here.

So this means that the fucking capitol square was shut down, when thats the way I usually go to get home. This is messing with my "routine;" something I loathe but yet follow to make my life comfortable, and irritates me when it is interrupted for no good reason. So I take a sideways (and longer) route home then I try biking nearer to the scene to see if I could see the purported "backback bomb." I start pedaling on the sidewalk because no one is there and the road is blocked off more than the sidewalk is, and I see some other girl ahead of me, noticing along the way that some cracked out lady is sitting there griping and moaning about the girl ahead of me on her bike biking right up to the police office guarding the yellow barrier. She makes a joke about "oh, I'll just give her a ticket along the way" and then she notices me there and says "oh, there goes another one!" and at this time I had seen that there was nothing much to see and was turning around and she grins at me and irritatingly tells me, "its a $75 fine for biking on the sidewalk missy!" and I almost fucking lost it on her dumb fucking ass. I swear to god. The one day I fucking ever bike on the fucking sidewalk and I get fucking bitched out twice. I tell her "I know. Fuck off." and bike away, wishing I had told her to go fucking patrol State st. and talk to the fuckers who bike on the sidewalk every day. I don't need that fucking bullshit.

So anyways, I got home, whatever. I wanted to walk back and see if they would ever explode the mystery backpack but I didn't. When my uncle went down to see the scene he called to tell me they were blowing shit up. I don't find the logic in this, whatsoever. Someone lit a backpack and put it in a tree. They decided that it was logical to blow the thing up instead of opening it and seeing what was in it, first. So what if its dangerous. So what if it blows up while you are opening it. That makes more sense than blowing up some shit that could just be nothing.. Because now, judging from the pictures, it looks like they just have random bits of things lying around that they now have to try to collect and determine what the fuck it used to be. Genius material. Bonus genius award to the postal worker who dumped Gatorade on the flaming backpack. That also seems like a really good idea.

Earlier this evenign when I was contemplating dropping Zoo 102 because it will be an added annoyance on top of a wretched schedule, I was looking through my kinesiology papers and the pre-reqs for applying to Kinesiology in the first place. I noticed that by "Chemistry 109", a class I was planning on taking in the spring because it would be the only pre-req class (besides the ones this semester) that I would still need to take (and when you apply you have to have all pre-reqs except two), it says that it is Fall Only. I immediately enter into a series of histrionics because it does not seem that there is any way that I can take that class. Then I discover that it and Physics 103 are at almost the same time and if I take Chem this fall, I can just take Physics in the spring. Good. No big deal, right? I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I did, or I was in the middle of doing so, when I tried registering for Chem 109. Error. You have not met requirements for this class. SO then I start getting upset again, and then I email my Kinesiology advisor. I apparently have two advisors, one for Letters & Science, the other for Kines. So I decide that probably the Kines one would understand my plight better; and luckily I was correct- he answered back in approximately 6 minutes. My other advisor probably wouldnt have because shes lame and a grad student. Don't ask about that logic- it has no reasonable explanation at all, other than they all seemed idiotic at the L&S Honors intro whatever it was at the beginning of last year.

Anyway, he says he will look at it when he gets to work tomorrow, and its probably because of my low math placement scores, because as we all know, I suck ass at math. Well, fantastic. That doesn't help much, and probably means I'm really screwed. We had a conversation back and forth in which he didn't really say anything useful but thats generally because he wasn't at work and able to view things pertaining to my account, etc., but I provided him with further background with my problem.. and I really hope that somehow this can get worked out. Because I COULD just delay and wait another year to apply, but then I wouldn't get Kinesiology status (if I even MADE it into the program!) until I was a Senior, and then I would still have like two more years of classes I would need to take, and that is just out of control.

All I want to do right now is get into the Kines program and get certified as an Athletic Trainer. This is actually a really absurd notion of mine considering most of the classes deal with science and I am absolutely horrible at science, so I probably wouldn't even make it. Its challenging and the field is ridiculously competitive and it makes me angry the the trainer from my high school trainer is in the position that she is because I don't feel she truly does her job to the greatest extent.

So this is it, a future on a string, a dangling string that could at any moment be cut by any number of things. Sure it could be taped back together, glued... but I don't know if that's really what I want.

In other news, I am planning a movie fiesta involving some various friends which should be exciting. I see some movies I've been wanting to see, and they see some they've been wanting to see. I actually just got the idea that we should wait till I move into my apartment.. but then that wouldn't be too convenient as far as parking and shit goes. SO. currently it will be sometime next week and should be exciting because we're going to make it into a facebook event. haha.

Also, Jeremy is moving to Colorado soon which is rather sad but its not like I've seen or talked to him much lately anyways. I'm hoping we get the chance to hang out before he leaves but chances are we won't. Oh well. There's some other friends I've been trying to get things arranged with as well but of course they are all the same and won't decidedly hang out with me, they keep saying "maybe, sorta, i don't know, maybe" same old, same old.

In other news I am looking forward to the prospect of seeing the Dark Knight for the third time on Thursday, followed by a visit to IHOP to see if the treasure map is still there which we left for the frightened employees last time I went there. hahaha.

Well, thats all I can think of to rant on about for now. Enjoy.

No comments: