So I just saw this article and was kind of surprised by it. Not an excited surprise, just surprised by the fact that anyone is even trying to impeach the President. Good try, Congress, but don't you think it might be a little too late for something like that? It might have been slightly more useful 4-5 years ago, or maybe even after the second farce of an election. But at this point, really?
Let's make this clear. I have always disliked Bush, and I can understand that trying to impeach Bush before maybe 2-3 years ago might have been slightly more than impossible because he still retained enough of his genius conservatives; but really.. waiting till the last possible moment? Good tactics. At this point, no one will care (maybe his mom) and it will have zero impact on the current state of the government- besides, of course, to add another little interesting bit to the new presidential race.
At this point, I can't even believe that Congress knows what impeachment is because of how well it hasn't been used over the past eight years. Except, of course, I appreciate Tammy Baldwin and Russ Feingold, because they do understand this and they are part of the reason this is even happening at all. I would love to see Bush impeached...three years ago.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment