Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kines essay 1

Answering:

1. Please express your motivations for choosing Kinesiology as a major and how it relates to your future goals. 250 words.

A running career filled with five stress fractures has taught me many things: perseverance, hard work, determination, but most especially dedication. Not only did I learn these things myself but I observed them in the athletic trainer at my high school. I spent two years of my high school career in her room, tucked away from most things and especially my teammates. Every day as I cross-trained and did strengthening exercises, I faced a wall which exclaimed in bright paint, “Don’t get by… Get better!”
These aren’t empty words; they are the maxim of an athletic trainer and I learned to appreciate them. Every time I walked into that room I learned something new through my observations of my athletic trainer and each case, new and old, that presented itself daily. I identified with the rigor of her job; the attention to detail necessary to perform at the highest levels and to best help patients; I appreciated the importance of good communication and record keeping.
My interest in the athletic training field grew as time went by as I realized not only did I recognize myself in the athlete, but myself in the Athletic Trainer. I am highly motivated to help others and I believe that by entering in the study of Kinesiology that desire will be fully satisfied. I thrive on unique experiences, and I know that becoming an athletic trainer would not only present me daily with new challenges but also new opportunities to learn and to help others.


I'm not sure if that answers the question properly. The second question is "Please reflect on how your background and experiences pertain to your future success as a Kinesiology student, and ultimately, your future goals. 500 words."

No comments: