Thursday, February 5, 2009

I can never think of titles....

"Only in the invisible qualities of nations, which are hidden from their own eyes - qualities as the means whereby these nations remain in touch with the source of original life - only therein is to be found the guarantee of their present and future worth, virtue, and merit. If there qualities are dulled by admixture and worn away by friction, the flatness that results will bring about a separation from spiritual nature, and this in its turn will cause all men to be fused together in their uniform and collective destruction."
-Johann Gottlieb Fichte


Busy busy busy... shit keeps piling up and subsiding, intensifying and waning in ever-increasing waves. I like feeling important; I'm dying to find out about my ATEP application; I'm scared to fail Chem and I'm confused about turning 20 in a week (haha).

I'm involved in a bunch of little things for my club now, its cool. I want to start an ice bath club. I'm finding that I must be pretty stressed, even though it doesn't seem like I am any more than normal, but the body's natural stress responses seem to be kicking in - I can't get more than 6 hours of sleep and I don't feel like eating very much. The latter is of much concern because if I don't maintain a normal eating pattern (more calories in than burned from running) this can lead to deficiencies in the body and thus lead to stress fractures or other problems. The former is also a concern because I value sleep quite a lot and never want to wake up in the mornings lol.

I've been having problems with the arch on my left foot. Not sure what the deal is with it but it is annoying. I think its because my feet tromp down so forcefully all the time when I walk, and then with the combination of almost strictly doing sprintwork (for some reason, dear god, why?) for track practice, it seems to be affecting my feet to a noticeable (and alarming) degree. Shin splints are starting up, too, which isn't too pleasing and has affected my decision as far as ice baths are concerned.

Today my physics lab got canceled partway through haha, due to a gas leak in our building. I had noticed the strong smell of natural gas partway through lab but didn't really THINK about it till someone came in telling us we ought to move down the hallway. Good thing I'm in First Aid right now haha.. I can't believe I wasn't considerably alarmed by the smell of the gas. What an idiot. I guess I was distracted by playing with the little carts on an incline.

Well eventually the fire alarms went off and we all had to leave.. people freaked out and scattered in every direction.. it was almost pandemoniom.. and our TA disappeared as well so we decided to leave. We went around the front of the building and somehow our TA was there and he said we could leave. There was also a large group of foolish people standing out front blocking the entire sidewalk while a firetruck was parked out front. Highly intelligent individuals. Cripes.

Well I should be doing homework, or sleeping, or both... so that's enough blabbing for tonight.

No comments: