Well I have given up on getting sleep. I have been getting around 6-6.5 hours a night.. usually closer to 6... So I am going to write, because I want to write.. I miss it a lot and never have time anymore.. but I don't fucking care. Seriously. 6 hours of sleep is only affecting things in which I have to think a lot (Chem, sometimes Physics) but doesn't affect running and running is number 1 right now of course. Or, track. because I adore track.
I also adore Franz Ferdinand's new album... It's crazy and way too catchy for my own good. You know that's what I like in music.. ha. Their disc reminds me of Hot Hot Heat and the Beatles mixed together in some sort of drunk happiness of amazingness. Yeah, I did just say that.
Anyway I had a pretty nuts weekend. Friday was my birthday, I didn't do a lot, so it wasn't that exciting but I got some awesome cased tintypes and daguerreotypes for my birthday as well as an antique photo album, I now have at least... 4 ... maybe 5.. a lot. ha. I also got some gift cards, some interesting ice cream glasses (they are weird shaped kind of old school but obviously a modern design)... what else, I got a new camera battery so I don't have to worry about the one I have dying when I'm at a meet or something and not having any alternative.
Oh yeah! I got a glass pitcher that looks like the one my mom has... this means a lot for some reason. My mom said she found it in an antique store... Well I love her pitcher just because it represents kool-aid in the summer, and I always love koolaid... And yeah I don't know that doens't make sense.. jsut having some weird sentimental thing is cool. At first when I opened the box I was supremely confused because of course it is identical, I thought she had given me hers and I had no idea why she would have done that... haha.
Anyways, I think I got some other things I forgot to mention.. oh duh, haha, I got three CDs! wow. smarty - I got Thrice's Alchemy Index Vol 3 & 4... I had gotten 1 & 2 when those came out but hadnt managed 3 & 4 yet. I also got the Fray's new self-titled cd, and I got Story of the Year's "The Black Swan." Another solid disc from SotY... their songs mostly sound the same and don't ahve anything special to say for themselves but its something pleasant to listen to, at least.
Saturday haha.. dear god. Well, I ran at Platteville's indoor track for the first time since I raced there for my first track race ever three years ago in high school... so this was an interesting experience. Three years ago I ran a 6:29 or something in the mile. Something awful. Three years later, my work turned into a 5:33. My last 200m was 33 seconds. I am kind of grossed out by that.
Well I have a reason for it.. I came through the 1400m at 5:00 exactly. I was like "there is no way in hell I'm running a 5:40" so I fucking just booked it for no reason, and I had no control..... I wasn't thinking, I wasn't feeling - I didn't feel tired or anything. I was just booking it and I don't know.. I'm so weird.. (haha, Ana said that to me today after I told her that I've just been running at practice and then the day before meets - this is really bad, and Im going to increase mileage soon but I am already a firm constituent in the club, "more is not always best" and that applies across the board).
Ah, anyways.. no one from the club really raced so we left soon after.. I was really messed up after my race. the past two weekends I have just felt zoned out in some crazy way, I have no idea, I've never felt like that. Its pretty odd.
We got back early and I did physics; then there was a track club shindig. I haven't drunk much since new years, so I was really excited to play pong.. I was pretty stupid by the end, and that was teh drunkest probably I've been yet. Either way, I've felt really dumb ever since.
Yesterday I went bowling with my siblings and my dad's girlfriend. I don't know about that. I mean, cool. I don't know her really so I'm not going to say anything. I was kind of messed up all day and zoned out so I came off as I usually do to people I just met - kinda cold, kinda harsh, kinda fucked up. Either its who I really am, or its just something I need to work on. I don't like that.... I try to be nice and stuff, but I'm just bad at dealing with people so I come off in the worst way. Ugh.
So we bowled, I got beat by my brother the first game 129 - 119, my sister and Lisa's daughter trailed; I beat my brother the second game.. low 100s, it was a bad game haha but whatever.. my arm started flipping out in the release of the ball so that's what messed me up in that game...
I just noticed I'm being really ridiculous analyzing how I was bowling. Sorry.. I just want to write like I said, so I'm writing everything.
I forgot! Outside of Dream Lanes is where they apparently store the Insomnia Cookie truck over night. I pulled into the parking lot and saw the Insomnia Cookie truck and almost DIED. Well actually, I thought I was still messed up and imagining it. ha. Oh dear.
Whatever, after bowling I said awkward goodbyes to people and went downtown to pick up Sonika and Brittany F.; we went to Sonic down on Old University in Middleton. It was NUTS, packed.... there were people directing traffic and stuff, ahha, oh my goodness, absolutely crazy.
Well we got one of the stall things and just stared at the menu for about 15-20 minutes before finally ordering, haha.. then we sat there for two hours talking, which was relatively terrible because of how busy they were but we were discussing some important topics (mixed in with some unimportant topics of course). Anyway at just about two hours, there was a loud sound and we freaked out... it was my car battery. It had pretty much imploded. Well, no, it was making a sound like it had a month ago when it died.
I freaked out and was like wtf... then I figured out I should try to get someone to jump it. So I looked at who was around us and picked teh car on the right. This guy from Missouri jumped out right away and offered to help, and he knew what to do with the jumper cables too (I don't remember which goes which). He was REALLY nice, considering his food came while he was helping and he stayed to help. We put the car in neutral, pushed it backwards, brittany, sonika and I trying not to laugh hysterically at how retarded it was that my ghetto ass car died at sonic.. haha..
Then all of a sudden I was going to check something and these guys appeared, two of the traffic people or whatever.. they were like "whats going on?" I explained and they told the missouri man to go away because they had something that would take car of it... he got back in his car and things went shuffling fast so I somehow didn't get the chance to thank him, and I feel terrible about that, especially because he was so nice.
So those guys came back with a portable car battery, which I have decided is something I should invest in if it didnt cost a lot haha. It made my battery work, and they told me not to shut off the car for 30 minutes because what they did would recharge the battery or something. Sooo we drove around Madison, haha. I showed them the east side and my high school and stuff.. really exciting, I know.
I don't know.. I've felt so out of it, and chem is just blowing my mind. I got a 43% on the first exam and it is terrible. I don't even really CARE. I don't want to do chem at all so I just put it off and ignore it till the last minute, and it is terrible because I don't understand it in the first place.
I don't even know. whatever. Hmmm I'm not sure what else to talk about I guess. I could keep complaining about school but obviously, that is dumb and exceedingly pointless.
I should really go to bed and stop writing, since this isn't even interesting... its just a frivolous expenditure of unoriginal notions. Eek.
P.S. Add Devotchka to the list of what this Franz Ferdinand cd sounds like a child of.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your last 200 was 33?? wow. you are ridiculous. :P and i love that you've done this all completely off our "workouts" and nothing else. yooou are pretty amazing.
lol... I'm mostly lazy and not intelligent. But I feel like more mileage would weigh me down. I'm going to try to be a little less lazy now that I talked to Ana last night and she made me feel bad about it. hah. I'm such a lazy bum though.
Post a Comment